Wednesday, September 8, 2010

A Tale of Two Bell Customer Service Reps

As a gift for a relative, our family have been paying for an added service for their Bell phone line. Our relative has since moved and no longer needs that service.

Tale of Customer Service Rep #1

So my Wife calls Bell and....
Melody: We overpaid on this account to eliminate teeny tiny invoices every month, and that line service is no longer needed, we would like our money back.
Bell: Is that your phone line?
Melody: No, but the billing is under our name for that service.
Bell: That's impossible!You can't do that! It's not your line!
Melody: Yes, we have! And yes, you send us the bill to our address. Would you like the info of the statement?, and of course, they did.
Bell: I can't let you do that. Let me get my supervisor!" 

Hmph! A dweebie Bell customer service representative. How odd!
While Melody was waiting for the "Super-visor"...

  • Elevator music 
  • Bell Ad 
  • Platitudes regarding how important our business is to them
  • Big brother message about the call being monitored for QC 
  • Rinse and repeat......

Supervisor: I'm sorry. You do not own this number and we cannot therefore authorize a credit.
Melody: The statement is in our name and you sent it to us.
Supervisor: I'm sorry. That must have been a mistake. I cannot authorize any action on the account unless it is from the owner of the number.

A series of but-buts ensue that carry on for a bit... but, to no avail. Unfortunately she was unable to get the name of the supervisor. The old quick disconnect trick.

Total time spent on phone with Bell- 30Min (approx.)

Tale of Customer Service Rep #2

I get home to hear my flustered wife's story. So I take a run at them too.

Dennis: Hi. I need a refund for a canceled service.
Bell: What is your account number from the invoice?
Dennis: Yada yada yada info.
Bell: Just a moment.

  • Elevator mus... He's back!

Bell: Thank you for your patience! I need a few more minutes to calculate any outstanding charges so we can issue the balance as a refund.
Dennis: Go for it!

  • Elevator music
  • Bell Ad
  • Platitudes regard.... He's Back!!

Bell: Would you like that credited to your home phone line account, or would you like us to issue a cheque?
Dennis: Whatever is fastest, and simplest.
Bell: Why don't I send you one last bill for the M-T-D (Month to Date) charges and send you a cheque for what we show as a credit balance as of the last statement on record.
Dennis: Sounds wonderful!
Bell: I still have a few details to clear. Would you like to hold or would you like me to call you back?
Dennis: Call me back! But, could I get your name first, just in case something goes wrong.
Bell: I'll give you my employee number. xxxxxxxx. Thank you for your patience!
Dennis: OK! I'll wait for your call.

  • Hang up.  Two minutes later!

Bell: Hi. It's all taken care of. However, I must tell you that it may take 4 to 6 weeks before you get the cheque.
Dennis: That's ok! Funny, though! Bell wants me to pay my bill within 25 days of the statement date, yet, they take 4 to 6 weeks to send me my own money.
Bell: I apologize for that. I'm not sure there is much I can do about it.
Dennis: Sorry. I was just pointing out the difference.
Wow! That was great! I decide not to count my money before the cheque arrives.

Total time spent on phone with Bell - 12 Min (approx.)

So, how did this end?

Two weeks later we receive our cheque.

I guess it does depend on who you talk to when you want good service.

It's just the luck of the draw when you do get good service.

Too bad!

 

1 comment:

  1. Very funny, I think I would have killed the first guy.

    T

    ReplyDelete

I'm lonesome! Please write!